Hong Kong style – Singaporean Fried Rice Vermicelli 星洲炒米.
You can cook Hong Kong style – Singaporean Fried Rice Vermicelli 星洲炒米 using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hong Kong style – Singaporean Fried Rice Vermicelli 星洲炒米
- You need 4 of rice vermicelli.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare of cha siu (shredded).
- You need 5 slice of ham (shredded).
- It’s half of onions shredded.
- Prepare of chives shredded.
- You need of Curry powder.
- You need of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Chicken powder.
Hong Kong style – Singaporean Fried Rice Vermicelli 星洲炒米 instructions
- For cha siu i usually use the ones that are leftovers the night before just not to waste food..
- Scramble the eggs how ever u like to cook them.
- I usually just break them in bits but today just to make it prettier i shred them up..
- As for the Vermicelli, Cook for Maximum "1 min" under hot boiling water. Take it out and rinse under cold water. please note: the Vermicelli is only 40% cooked..
- I prefer less oil but usually people put alot of oil at this stage. So up to you. Mid High Heat ~ Add in onions, fry for 1 min then add in the meat and fry until light brown, then throw in the Vermicelli..
- You can switch to low heat if have trouble mixing then switch it back higher. Now add in 2~4 tsp of curry powder (depends on how spicy u like it to be), then around 3 to 4 tsp of turmeric powder to get the colour. Add more if needed and mix well. After mixing add in the eggs and chicken powder/salt. Taste it and add more spice if needed..
- After taste test~ if ok Add in chives. Done!.