You can cook Mushroom Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Soup
- Prepare 300 grams of mushrooms, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of red onion, finely diced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, finely sliced.
- You need 2-3 sprigs of thyme, leaves only.
- Prepare 600 ml of / 1 pint of stock hot (2 stock cubes, can be chicken or vegetable).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of whole grain mustard.
- Prepare of Olive Oil or Spray Oil.
- You need 2 tbsp. of crème fraiche (or low fat crème fraiche).
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Mushroom Soup step by step
- Drizzle or spray a medium sized pan with oil and place it on the hob on a medium to high setting. Add the onions to soften gently stirring so they don't burn. Once softened add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Let them simmer for a few minutes..
- Next add the stock, simmer for 10 minutes until the mushrooms are soft. With a hand blender blitz up the mushroom mixture. Then add the crème fraiche stir in well..
- Serve with warm crusty bread and butter. Yummy Emily x.