C’kn and mushroom pie 🌱. This comforting, creamy chicken pie uses ready-made pastry for a quick and easy mid-week meal. Remove from the heat and set aside with the chicken and mushrooms. Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for about three minutes, stirring constantly until it has formed a thick smooth.
Chicken and mushroom pies are immensely popular in the UK – the textures of chunks of chicken and mushrooms in a tasty, creamy sauce, all enclosed in crisp. My chicken and mushroom pie is proper comfort food. Next we slice up mushrooms and add them into the pan with the sealed chicken and some cooked bacon. You can cook C’kn and mushroom pie 🌱 using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of C’kn and mushroom pie 🌱
- It’s of Vegan puff pastry.
- It’s 2 cups of mixed mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of small packet of vegan chicken chunks.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 sprig of sage leaves.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of plain flour.
- Prepare Splash of oat milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vegan butter.
Stir in a squeeze of lemon juice to balance the flavours, and spoon the chicken mixture out into the baked pie shell. This Chicken and Mushroom Pie is a real comfort food dish and is just the thing if you're craving a calorie packed, traditional pie. This Chicken and Mushroom Pie can be made dairy free as long as you swap out the following ingredients for dairy free versions This chicken and mushroom pie recipe is the ultimate comfort food. Its made with double cream, white wine and thyme is a family favourite all year long.
C’kn and mushroom pie 🌱 instructions
- Chop the onions, mushrooms and sage and fry in a little oil. Add the vegan chicken pieces and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes..
- Add the butter and flour and oat milk and cook until the sauce thickens..
- Transfer the mixture to oven proof pie dishes. Cut a round from the pastry and cover, pressing down the edges. Make a small hole in the top of the pie to allow the air to escape. Bake for around 20 minutes at 220c or until the pastry puffs..
- Enjoy with potatoes and veg and Sunday dinner trimmings.
Serve your chicken and mushroom pies, still warm from the open, with a big spoon on creamy mash and minted peas. A satisfying chicken and mushroom one-pot that makes a great family supper or freeze leftovers for another day. Add the mushrooms and the remaining oil. This pie freezes well – simply assemble the pie and freeze before baking. Once you're ready to bake, simply throw it in the oven straight from the *For a chicken and leek pie, leave out the mushrooms and cook two sliced leeks in the butter until soft. *For cooked chicken, a hot roasted chicken from the.