Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwich 🥪. Chicken cheesesteaks are going to become your new favorite sandwich. Don't get us wrong, we love the steak in a classic philly cheesesteak. But we heart chicken even more.
Mix chicken with fried veggies split them in two in your pan and add mozzarella while heating the pan up and covering the lid allowing the cheese to melt. Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwich: A "Healthier" Attempt at Philly Cheesesteak. Warning: just because we used chicken instead of beef in this recipe, that doesn't mean it's healthier. You can cook Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwich 🥪 using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwich 🥪
- You need of For the chicken filling:.
- Prepare 500 g of chicken breast.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- You need 80 g of cheese (sliced).
- It’s 75 g of butter.
- It’s of For the onion-mushroom filling.
- You need 3 of onions.
- It’s 200 g of chestnut mushrooms.
- You need 100 ml of olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of worcester sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of For serving the sandwich:.
- Prepare 3-4 of sundries tomatoes.
Why replace perfectly good beef with chicken? These fajita chicken cheesesteak sandwiches are full of spiced chicken, peppers and lots of cheese, all on a toasted roll. Philly cheesesteak sandwiches are a classic favorite, and this is a twist on the original version with Mexican spiced chicken instead of steak. In these chicken cheesesteak sandwiches, chicken, bell peppers and onions smothered in smoked Provolone and topped with pickled jalapenos.
Chicken Cheesesteak Sandwich 🥪 step by step
- The ingredients of the sauce are blended.
- Slice the mushrooms & the onions up and fry them in a medium hot pan till have nice brown colour. Meanwhile seasoning with salt & pepper..
- Slice the chicken breasts into stripes and fry both sides on some oil, seasoning with salt & pepper. As soon as they are done but still in the pan, lay a couple of slices of cheese into the stripes..
- Slice the bread roll into half, butter each sides and place them onto the grill till it’s nice & crispy..
- Spread some sauce on the bread, then comes the onion-mushroom filling. Now place the cheese-chicken and finish all this with some sundries tomatoes..
- Bon appetite!!!.
Not to worry, I've since broadened my topping horizons thanks to a pregnancy crave. Philadelphia's famous cheese steaks sandwiches packed with chicken, bell peppers and provolone can now made at home in minutes! Cheesesteaks are available pretty much everywhere you look in Philly. Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich recipe: My husband claims that a "chicken philly" is an abomination. If you agree, think of this as a Chicken Sandwich with Mushroom, Onion, and Cheese instead.