Mixed bean and Paneer Salad.
You can have Mixed bean and Paneer Salad using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mixed bean and Paneer Salad
- Prepare half of onion.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- You need handful of veggies to go in the salad. I used baby corn, french beans, cucumber, cherry tomatoes. Youc an also add bellpeppers, sugar snappeas, carrots, beatroot.
- You need of salt, pepper as per taste.
- Prepare half of lemon.
- You need 1 of big spoonful oil.
- You need of raw peanuts.
- It’s leaves of salad. I used bistro salad. You can add whatever you like.
- Prepare half of bowl of kidney beans, black (or white) chickpeas soaked in water overnight. And then boiled in cooker for about 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can also use canned beans.
- Prepare 125 grams of Paneer – It is easily available at Asda and Indian grocery stores in UK. If not, you can add feta cheese or salad cheese instead.
Mixed bean and Paneer Salad step by step
- First of all finely chop onion and tomato. Saute it in half of the oil. For detailed steps, please refer to the indian style aubergine recipe in my Recipes section. You can always add raw onion to the salad. I prefer the texture the saute'd paste gives to the salad..
- Chop the veggies you'd like to add in the salad..
- Dice the paneer, and shallow fry it in the leftover oil. Turn it when it turns golden brown. If using feta cheese or salad cheese. Skip this step, you can just add it to the salad without cooking. I coated the paneer with some dry mango powder before cooking it..
- In the same pan, roast the peanuts. I absolutely love the much needed crunch it adds to the salad. Such a better alternate than the bread crutons..
- Now mix everything in the pan, and give it a good mix..
- Move the mixture in a bowl, add salad leaves. I added bistro salad pack..
- Dive in!.