Rice Sandwich ‘Onigirazu’. RICE SANDWICH ONIGIRAZU RECIPE – おにぎらずレシピ – COOKING WITH CHEF DAI Onigirazu rice sandwiches are a fast, convenient snack that you can eat without getting. The finished onigirazu looks like a square rice sandwich covered in dried seaweed. It is essentially a hybrid rice ball sandwich.
A name coined for the way that you do not have to mold the rice with your hands, onigirazu is made by folding over the nori (seaweed) sheet over the rice, like origami. RICE SANDWICH ONIGIRAZU RECIPE – おにぎらずレシピ – COOKING WITH CHEF DAI Onigirazu rice sandwiches are a fast, convenient snack that you can eat without getting your hands messy. Onigirazu is a newly developed sandwich style coming from onigiri or rice ball. You can have Rice Sandwich ‘Onigirazu’ using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice Sandwich ‘Onigirazu’
- You need of Warm Cooked Short Grain Rice.
- It’s of Nori.
- It’s of <Filling Suggestions>.
- It’s of A. Tariyaki Chicken & Shiso.
- It’s of B. ‘Goma-ae’ Spinach & Scrambled Egg.
- You need C. of Canned Tuna & Cucumber.
It's kind of like a rice sandwich. This sandwich is perfect for a lunch box, picnic or house party. Onigirazu also known as a sushi sandwich is a great way to enjoy your sushi on the go. Have you ever heard of onigirazu, also known as a sushi sandwich?
Rice Sandwich ‘Onigirazu’ instructions
- Place thin layer of Cooked Short Grain Rice in the centre of a Nori sheet, shape it into a square so that it would be easy to wrap..
- Place the filling of your choice, then cover with another layer of Rice. At this point, I recommend to press down the layers keeping the square shape. Use a piece of plastic warp to prevent the rice sticks to your hands..
- Fold in a corner and its opposite side corner, then another corner and its opposite side corner to make a square shape. Turn it over, then the moisture will help the corners stick together..
- Pack the ‘Onigirazu’ as it is or cut in half and pack for your lunch..
- A. Tariyaki Chicken & Shiso *1 serving Season 1 Chicken Thigh Fillet with Salt. Combine 1 teaspoon Sugar, 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce and 1 teaspoon Mirin in a small bowl. Heat a small mount of Oil and cook chicken. When cooked, add the sauce and cook until the sauce is almost gone. 2 to 3 Shiso leaves will add fantastic flavour..
- B. ‘Goma-ae’ Spinach & Scrambled Egg *1 serving Place a handful of Baby Spinach in a colander, pour over boiling water, then cool with cold water. Squeeze to remove excess water. Combine 1 teaspoon Ground Toasted Sesame Seeds, 1/2 teaspoon Sugar and 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce, and combine with Spinach. Scrambled Egg can be seasoned with Salt..
- C. Canned Tuna & Cucumber *1 serving Drain a 95g Canned Tuna and remove excess liquid. Add 1 tablespoon Japanese Mayonnaise, Salt & Pepper and mix well. Cucumber slices can be seasoned with Salt, then dried as water comes out..
- Other Filling Ideas: Grilled Salted Salmon, Ham & Cheese, Fried Fish, Stir-fried Veggies, Hamburg Steak, Chicken Soboro, Dry Curry, Chicken Nuggets, etc. *Note: Soy Sauce and Miso seasoned food, or salty food are most suitable for filling. ‘Takikomi Gohan’ and ‘Mazegohan’ are all suitable for ‘Onigirazu’..
It quickly took off in popularity in recent years, becoming a buzzword on recipe websites. Onigirazu or Onigiri Sandwich, your next must at home. One could say that the onigirazu is an evolved version of the onigiri. The main base is rice (always remember, short Japanese rice or sushi. Bite into Something New with "Onigirazu" Rice Sandwiches