Red Lentil Spaghetti.
You can have Red Lentil Spaghetti using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Lentil Spaghetti
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 small of clove garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1 tsp of Swiss vegetable bouillon powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red split lentils.
- You need 1 can of (400g/14 oz) chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried mixed herbs/ dried Italian herbs.
- You need 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of concentrated tomato paste/ purée.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and black pepper.
- It’s 75 grams of dry wholewheat spaghetti.
Red Lentil Spaghetti step by step
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet on medium heat.
- Add the onion and soften.
- Add garlic and bouillon powder and stir for a minute.
- Add the lentils and tomatoes along with a canful of water (use the empty tomato can).
- Put in the herbs, bay leaf and tomato paste.
- Bring up to the boil, then turn heat down and simmer for 25-30 minutes, until reduced and thickened.
- Meanwhile boil water with salt and cook the spaghetti for 10 minutes.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste (I like plenty of black pepper).
- Either drain the spaghetti and add into the skillet, or use a pasta scoop to take it straight out of the water and into the skillet.
- Get the spaghetti mixed in well with the sauce, then serve..