Flavoured Rice with Peas.
You can have Flavoured Rice with Peas using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Flavoured Rice with Peas
- Prepare 1 cup of long grain rice or basmati rice, washed and soaked for 1 hr.
- You need of I cup frozen or fresh peas.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ginger, garlic, chilli and cilantro paste.
- It’s 2 cups of stock, vegetable or chicken, which ever you fancy.
Flavoured Rice with Peas instructions
- In a hot pan, add oil and onions, cook until translucent, now add ginger, garlic and cilantro paste and cook for a minute or two, add rice and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add peas, mix well, add stock, and bring to a rapid boil on high heat.
- Turn heat to very low and let the rice cook until all the water is absorbed, fluff rice with a fork, turn heat off and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving..
- Serve as a side with protein and enjoy!.