Dakgalbi (Korean spicy chicken). Dak galbi or dakgalbi (닭갈비, Korean spicy chicken stir fry) is by far my all time favorite Korean dish. And, I absolutely loved having it every time! Cabbage, carrot, chicken, chicken drumsticks, cooking wine, garlic, ginger, green chili pepper, ground black pepper, hot pepper flakes, hot pepper paste, mirim, onion, perilla leaves, rice cake, soy sauce, sweet potato.
Dakgalbi (Korean Spicy Chuncheon Chicken Stir Fry) is a famous chicken dish that has origins in the city of Chuncheon-a city east of Seoul Dakgalbi (which literally means Chicken/Dak Ribs/Galbi) and white meat were especially cheap at that time because white meat was not a popular cut at that time. This delicious Korean Chicken Dak Galbi recipe is full of tender chicken, a deliciously spicy sauce and lovely veggies. How To Make This Dak Galbi Recipe. You can have Dakgalbi (Korean spicy chicken) using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dakgalbi (Korean spicy chicken)
- It’s of Marinate Sauce for chicken.
- Prepare 3 of chicken tight fillet.
- Prepare 2.5 tbsp of gochugaru (Korean red hot pepper flakes).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Gochujang (Korean red chili paste).
- Prepare 2.5 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 5-6 of garlic cloves (minced).
- It’s 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- You need 100 ml of mirin.
- You need 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare of Black pepper (to your liking).
- You need of Vegetables and extras.
- You need 200 g of cabbages.
- You need 150 g of sweet potatoes.
- You need 1.5 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1 of medium size onion.
- You need 2-3 stalks of spring onion.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
How Long Can You Marinate Chicken? What Do You Use Gochujang For? Dakgalbi is famous in Korea for being a nutritious and affordable Dakgalbi – Chuncheon style. Pan-fried chicken that has been marinating in savory gochujang Let the chicken drip-off excess water.
Dakgalbi (Korean spicy chicken) step by step
- Cut chicken into small bite pieces and put it in a bowl with all marinate ingredients. You cannot substitute the hot pepper flakes and hot pepper paste with other thing (it has to be the Korean version), or it will change the flavour completely..
- Mix everything together until all combined. Wear gloves or use spoon/fork to mix it, as it's hot! Set aside and marinate for at least 30mins (longer is better)..
- Prepared the mixed veggies while waiting for chicken to be marinated. Chopped veggies to smaller sizes/chunks..
- Heat up the cooking oil on a wide narrow pan (if you have) skillet/paela pan should work (medium heat). Placed chopped veggies on the pan, top it with the marinated chicken and the rest of the marinate sauce, let it cook for 3-4 mins without stirring it..
- Slowly stir the chicken with the rest of the veggies, so the sauce will be well distributed on the pan. Do not stir the pan too often, only stir occasionally..
- Optional: once everything are cooked and sauce is thicken, make space in the middle of your pan and placed the mozzarella cheese and top it with sesame seeds. Served with rice and other Korean side dish (kimchi, bean sprouts etc)..
Then place the chicken pieces into the spicy dakgalbi marinade. It's Korean spicy chicken with vegetables that are cooked on the table. When Dakgalbi has almost gone, but have a little bits and pieces left on skillet, don't wash it out yet! Put all ingredients for fried rice ingredients in a bowl and heat skillet over medium high. Dakgalbi is a local specialty in Chuncheon, Korea, in which chicken and vegetables are stir-fried with a spicy gochujang based sauce.