You can cook California Rolls using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of California Rolls
- It’s 1 cup of Japanese short or medium grain rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of cold water.
- It’s 5 Tbsp of Sushi Vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Imitation crab meat.
- It’s 1 of Avocado, ripe but still firm, cut into slices.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium cucumber, peeled and sliced into long julienne strips.
- You need of Toasted Nori Seaweed.
- You need of Toasted sesame seeds.
California Rolls step by step
- Wash the rice with cold water until the water runs clear. soak for 30 minutes, drain, add water and cook on medium to low flame until water is completely absorbed, remove rice in a large bowl breaking lumps and let it cool slightly; add vinegar and mix for vinegar to coat evenly and set aside..
- For assembly, wrap sushi mat with cling foil, split Nori into half, place on mat, evenly spread a generous handful of rice to cover the entire nori sheet and flip over, place filling across the center of nori, start rolling using mat to keep the roll in place; apply pressure to tighten the roll, once complete sprinkle sesame seeds and cut, serve with spicy mayonnaise or wasabi and soy sauce..