Kottu parotta chicken. Kothu Parotta is a popular South Indian street food delicacy. Kothu Parotta is mostly sold at small restaurants or by street vendors. A bowl of homemade chicken curry, a mix of vegetables, eggs stir-fried with a few spices and a few roti parotta are the main ingredients that will go into making this chicken kottu.
For first time, I tasted in Nalan restaurant. While Chicken Kottu Roti (or Chicken Koththu Roti) is my absolute favorite (and probably most popular), there are different versions of this kottu that you can make. So you can adapt this recipe for. You can cook Kottu parotta chicken using 24 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kottu parotta chicken
- It’s of Parotta (flat bread) shredded.
- It’s of Onion 1 chopped.
- It’s of Chili 3 chopped.
- It’s leaf of Curry.
- Prepare 3 of Egg.
- Prepare of Thick gravy curry chicken (spicy varuval) – (shredded).
- Prepare of Chicken thick gravy curry.
- Prepare of Chicken fillet.
- You need of Indian curry spices.
- You need of Chili powder.
- It’s of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Corriender powder.
- Prepare of Ginger & Garlic paste 2tbl spn.
- It’s of Onion 1 chopped.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Corriender leaf (optional for garnishing).
- It’s of Gravy cooking method.
- You need of Fry indian spices, add onion, gatlic & ginger paste. Saute.
- It’s of Add chicken fillet, mix. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Prepare of Add chili powder,turmeric powder, corriender powder. Stir.
- Prepare of Add salt, stir and mix well. Let it cook untill gravy thickens.
- It’s of Let it cook until oil breaks.
- It’s of Let it cool. Shred chicken into small pieces. Mix with gravy.
- Prepare of (Add chicken to parotta when needed.).
Chicken Kothu Parotta or minced meat Parotta is a cuisine of the Chettinad region of Tamil Nadu state in South India. Chicken kotthu Paratta is spicy in taste and can be served with a simple tomato kitchup. Kothu Parotta, a popular street food of Tamil Nadu, is made with parotta, eggs and salna (chicken gravy). Also known as Muttai Parotta or Egg Kothu Parotta.
Kottu parotta chicken instructions
- Fry spices,onion,chili & curry leaf. Add shredded parotta. Stir well..
- Add chicken gravy with shredded chicken fillet. Stir & mix well. Add salt. Stir..
- Make a well in the middle. Add eggs in the middle. Stir and mix well..
- Stir well until egg mix well with parotta & well cooked..
Mutta Parota, Chicken Kothu parotta, Mutton kothu parotta, plain parotta salna, veechu parotta, chilli paraotta…. you name it and they have every kind that could possibly be! Combine the two and head South in the first bite. Kothu Parotta is mostly sold at small restaurants or by street vendors and is popular in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. Pre made Parottas are shredded into small pieces and stir fried with cooked chicken. I had some leftover chicken curry in the fridge, so next day I tried to recreate the chicken kothu porotta that I tasted at Anjappars and it did come out great.