Kao Tom Moo (Thai rice congee with mince pork). Congee (Rice Porridge) — Kao Dtom Moo (or Khao Tom Moo) — Recipe by Kasma Loha-unchit. *Because the Thai language has its own script, there are different ways of transliterating Thai into English. The more phonetic version is Kao Dtom Moo; the more usual spelling is Khao Tom Moo. Khao tom moo sap, which translates to boiled rice with chopped pork is a popular breakfast rice soup that's eaten all across Thailand.
We bought a nice looking ground pork porridge on a Thai northern bound train. The Thai rice soup – more like the Chiu Chow Chinese version of congee, with the rice grains distinct, instead of the Cantonese style where the rice is simmered so If you don't eat pork, substitute minced chicken (in which case, the dish is called khao tom gai sap). Pork leg stew on rice, or kao ka moo, is the quintessential Thai street food. You can have Kao Tom Moo (Thai rice congee with mince pork) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kao Tom Moo (Thai rice congee with mince pork)
- It’s 1 cup of leftover cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 of chicken or veggies stock cube.
- You need of For mince pork balls.
- It’s 250 g of mince pork or chicken.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of grated garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 pinch of ground white pepper.
- Prepare of For crispy garlic.
- It’s 2-3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped).
- Prepare 4-5 tbsp of vegetable cooking oil.
- It’s of For optional garnishes.
- Prepare of Thinly sliced green onions, Fried garlic, Sweet and salty pickle radish pickle red chilli.
You can find this all over the streets of Thailand and in any food courts. It's beloved by everyone especially kids because it's not spicy and it's got that salty-sweet flavour kids love. Served with boiled eggs and some pickles, and it's. Marion's Kitchen is packed with simple and delicious Asian recipes and food ideas.
Kao Tom Moo (Thai rice congee with mince pork) instructions
- Combine water or stock and stock cube together in the saucepan..
- Making pork balls mixed mince pork with grated garlic, soy sauce, fish sauce and ground pepper. Form them into small balls..
- Bring to a boil, add some cooked rice then reduce to a simmer and partially cover with lid for about 15-20 min. Occasionally stir..
- Place the mince balls into the rice saucepan. Gently stir and add some more water if the rice look a bit dry out..
- Season with soy sauce, fish sauce. Taste and add more sauce if prefer..
- Place into a bowl garnish with fried garlic, spring onions, coriander and chilli if prefer..
- Fried garlic- crushed and finely chop 4/5 cloves of garlic. 2-3 tbsp of oil in the small pan or saucepan and fry until golden brown.
Select Category INGREDIENT Beef Lamb Noodle Pork Poultry Seafood Vegetable OTHER Dessert Sauce PRODUCTS Asian Steakhouse Marinades. Have this rice porridge any time with this recipe. Delicious and healthy, Essence of Chicken is a traditional. Khao Tom means boiled rice in Thai but this Thai Chicken and Rice Soup recipe – what you might also call chicken congee recipe – is far from the bland tasting gruel that the words boiled rice soup might conjure up in your mind. This traditional Thai pork dish is simple to make yet amazingly delicious and presentable.