Chicken Jalfrezi #mycookbook.
You can have Chicken Jalfrezi #mycookbook using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Jalfrezi #mycookbook
- It’s 1 kg of boneless Chicken(diced).
- Prepare 2 of big onions.
- You need 2 of bell peppers.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need of Dry spices (2 cloves, 1/2 cinnamon stick, 3 green cardamom, 1 star anise).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of turmeric.
- You need 2 of tsbp garam masala.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cumin powder.
- You need 6 of green chillies.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Fresh coriander for garnish.
Chicken Jalfrezi #mycookbook step by step
- To marinate the chicken, you will need boneless chicken, 1 tbsp garam masala, 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tbsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric and little salt. Leave that in the fridge for 1 hour..
- To make the sauce: place a pot on the gas. Add 2 tbsp oil. Once the oil heat up put all the dry spices and cook for 1 min. Add onions, ginger and garlic paste. Cook it for 8-10 mins on medium heat. Once the onions translucent, add tomato paste and chopped tomatoes. Cook it for another 8 mins. Add salt, turmeric, chillies, red chilli powder, cumin powder. Cook it until the oil starts to separate from the spices and tomatoes..
- Once the masala cooked, blitz it with little water until fine smooth purée..
- Take the chicken out of the fridge, put 4-5 tbsp oil in the pot. Once the oil is hot, shallow fry the chicken for 15-20 mins till it reaches the temperature of 75 degrees c. Once the chicken is cooked take it out of the oil and place it in the clean bowl..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and put 1/2 onion, ginger and bell pepper in the pan. Cook it for 3 mins without any colour. Add chicken and the sauce that puréed earlier. Mix it all together till all the veg and chicken coated very well to the masala. Cook it for another 10 mins..
- Taste and adjust the seasoning. Once cooked serve it in the serving dish with fresh chopped coriander and slice of green pepper..