Buttermilk Fried Chicken Burger. Served on a soft milk bun with fresh slaw. This Crispy Chicken Burger is absolutely DELICIOUS! Chicken is marinated in buttermilk and then double dredged in a spiced flour mixture.
Don't worry if the cut is not perfect. Buttermilk-Fried Chicken Sandwich. featured in Sandwiches You'll Love Packing For Lunch. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. You can cook Buttermilk Fried Chicken Burger using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Fried Chicken Burger
- Prepare 4 of Boneless Chicken Fillets.
- It’s 200 g of Plain Flour.
- You need of Choice of Seasoning (e.g Cajun or Garlic and Chilli).
- It’s 200 ml of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 200 ml of – 250ml Sunflower/ Vegetable oil.
Butter the cut sides of the burger buns, then toast on the hot skillet until browned and crisp. Heat over medium heat until oil is hot (test with a small piece of bread – when bread bubbles and turns golden brown the. Place the chicken in a bowl, and cover with buttermilk and seasoning. Cover and chill for as long as possible but at least an hour or so.
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Burger step by step
- 1. Start by preparing your flour and spice mixture. Mix the plain flour with as much spice as you’d like (around 10g). In a separate flat dish pour the buttermilk..
- Now you are ready to coat the chicken. Grab a chicken fillet and place it in buttermilk making sure to cover the whole fillet. Then pick it up and let the excess buttermilk drip off, then place in the flour mixture..
- 3. Repeat step 2 on the same chicken fillet. Now repeat with the other chicken fillets..
- 4. Now it’s time to shallow fry the chicken. In a large frying pan, pour and heat up enough oil to come 5mm up the side of the pan. Once the oil in hot place the chiller fillets in, laying away from you..
- 5. Fry the chicken for 3/4 minutes on each side. Place two sheets of kitchen towel on a flat dish and place the cooked chicken on top. This will drain any excess oil..
- 6. Serve in a burger bun with crisp lettuce and any condiments of your choice..
- TOP TIP : 💡Add coleslaw, cheese and a spicy burger sauce for lip licking tastiness 😋.
Place on kitchen paper to drain, then stack your burger. Waffle, mayo, couple of leaves of baby gem, fried chicken, cheese to melt and hot sauce to serve. This Oven Fried Chicken Burger definitely fits the bill! After the buttermilk soak, dredge the chicken pieces in seasoned flour, and fry them in hot oil until crisp and golden. All Reviews for Chef John's Buttermilk Fried Chicken.