Tandoori Chicken Tikka.
You can cook Tandoori Chicken Tikka using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tandoori Chicken Tikka
- You need 500 g of skinless boneless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces.
- You need 2 Tbsp of thick yoghurt/ Greek yoghurt.
- You need 2 Tbsp of chickpea flour / gram flour.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of ” piece ginger peeled.
- You need 1 of green chilli.
- It’s 1 tsp of mild paprika.
- You need 1 Tbsp of red chilli powder (more add if you like more).
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of keshmiri red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need Pinch of cinnamon powder.
- It’s Pinch of saffron crushed.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of Butter for basting.
- You need 1 tsp of chaat masala.
- You need 1 of lemon juice.
- You need of Salad & chutney to serve.
Tandoori Chicken Tikka step by step
- Add the ginger, garlic and green chilli in a wet grinder and blend to a smooth paste. Mix the yoghurt with the gram flour in a bowl to get rid of any lumps to form a thick paste like consistency..
- Add the ginger, garlic chilli paste, paprika, chilli powder, garam masala and coriander powder. Also mix in the ground cinnamon, saffron and salt. Stir well and tip in the chicken pieces and mix well making sure to coat them in the thick marinade. Leave to marinate for a few hours or even overnight if you prefer..
- Soak wooden skewers in water. Preheat the grill indoor or out door on medium. Shake off the excess marinade and thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers and place them on a grill /wire rack. Cook under the grill for 15-20 minutes. Turn the skewers every 5 minutes & baste with melted butter until the juices run clear and they are cooked through slightly charred around the edges..
- Serve warm with roti or parathas sprinkled with chaat masala and lemon juice along with mint chutney and salads ❤️.