Roots and kale salad. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. A hearty roasted root vegetable kale salad with a creamy turmeric dressing. Rubbing the raw kale for this healthy salad with vinegar, olive oil and salt makes the leaves tender and sweet.
Up to six hours before dinner, toss together the kale, vinaigrette, root vegetables, bacon, and currents. Bring salad to room temperature one hour before serving. Place on a large platter and a shell bowl. You can cook Roots and kale salad using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roots and kale salad
- Prepare of Root vegetables of choice – today i used 3 carrots and 1 small head of celeriac; peeled and chopped into bite-sized chunks.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Kale – 150g or so, torn into easy-to-eat size pieces.
- It’s of Feta.
- Prepare of Seeds of 1 pomegranate.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of pumpkin seeds, toasted.
- You need of Dressing.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of runny honey.
- It’s pinch of salt.
Up to six hours before dinner, toss together the kale, vinaigrette, root vegetables, bacon, and currants; chill. The only thing better than regular kale salad is kale salad with roasted winter roots. Series Description: If you're obsessed with kale you will no doubt be pleased to know that there are a seemingly endless amount of ways you can incorporate this simple ingredient into the dishes you make. Quick and easy to make, this kale salad includes sweetness from apples and carrots, and the unique flavors from the julienned rutabaga.
Roots and kale salad instructions
- Preheat oven to 200c. Put the veg in a bowl. Add the olive oil, fennel seeds and season. Put on a lined baking tray and cook until tender – probably 20-25 mins..
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together..
- Put the kale in the serving dish. Pour the dressing in and massage the kale with your hands. Seriously. This makes a big difference as the kale becomes softer and easier to eat..
- Crumble some feta into the kale. Sprinkle some of the pomegranate seeds and some of the pumpkin seeds in..
- Add the warm roasted roots. Fold everything together gently..
- Sprinkle a few more pomegranate seeds and pumpkin seeds on top. Enjoy 😋.
Add the red wine vinaigrette and toss well to thoroughly combine. Place the salad on a large serving platter and serve immediately. <p>Using peanut butter in the dressings adds some healthy fat and delicious flavor to this roasted vegetable salad.</p>. Toss with kale, cucumber, and red onion. In a blender, purée low-sodium soy sauce, fresh lime juice, sesame oil, sugar, creamy peanut butter, fresh ginger, and water. Sign up for the daily newsletter.