Chicken Mince in Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu). 'Abura-age' is thinly sliced & deep-fried Tofu. Abura-age (油揚げ), is a Japanese food product made from twice-fried soybeans. Abura-age is often used to wrap inari-zushi (稲荷寿司), and is added to miso soup.
The temperature of the oil must be hot enough to dry out the outer layer quickly to form a thin and crispy. Welcome to the global website of Kikkoman Corporation, the world's leading manufacturer of soy sauce. Always douse with boiling water before using to remove excess oil from the surface. You can cook Chicken Mince in Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Mince in Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu)
- Prepare 3 of Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu).
- You need 125 g of Chicken Mince.
- You need 1 teaspoon of grated Ginger.
- You need 1 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
- You need 5 cm of Carrot *cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Edamame OR Peas.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 1 cup of Dashi Stock *1 cup Water and 1/2 teaspoon Dashi Powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
It is found in soups, simmered. Aburaage is Japanese deep-fried tofu pouches made from soybeans. You can use it to make inari sushi, or add it to miso soup and hot pot. You can make Aburaage from scratch at home.
Chicken Mince in Abura-age (Thin Fried Tofu) step by step
- Blanch Carrot and Edamame in boiling salted water, then drain. In a bowl, combine Chicken Mince, Ginger, all Vegetables and Salt. Divide into 6 even portions..
- Wrap Abura-age with paper towel and heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Then press it to remove excess oil if required. *Note: This process is optional, but the heat softens Abura-age and next process will be easier. If you don’t have the microwave, soak in hot water is alternative option. Dry with paper towel..
- Cut each Abura-age in half, carefully open and make bags. Fill each bag with the Chicken mixture and secure with a toothpick..
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a large saucepan or pot, and bring to the boil over medium heat..
- Once the sauce starts boiling, gently place the Abura-age bags in the sauce, cook for 5 minutes. Turn them over, and cook for further 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly in the sauce..
All you need is a block of firm tofu and cut it into thin slices. Be sure to drain the tofu well by wrapping it with. Deep fried tofu, or abura-age, is used in soups, one pot cookery, noodle dishes, and in many other ways. It can also be delicious all by itself as a topping on a bowl of rice (domburi). Deep fried tofu can be purchased at most Asian food stores, but it is easily made at home, and all that you'll need is a wok.