Chicken Ham and Mushroom Pie.
You can cook Chicken Ham and Mushroom Pie using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Ham and Mushroom Pie
- Prepare 200 g of cubed roasted gammon.
- You need 3 of boneless chicken thighs.
- You need 150 g of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 pack of ready rolled pastry.
- You need 2/3 pint of bechamel sauce (see other recipie).
- You need 2 tsp of chicken gravy granules.
- It’s 2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 oz of butter.
- It’s 1 of egg to glaze pastry top.
Chicken Ham and Mushroom Pie instructions
- In a frying pan add the butter and mushrooms. Chop the chicken thighs to bite size chunks and add them to the pan. Add the thyme..
- In a separate pan make the bechamel up. Don't forget to season it with black pepper and a dash of nutmeg. Stir in the chicken gravy granules. Pour in the chicken and mushrooms pan as well as the chopped gammon chunks and stir together..
- If you need a really substantial pie filling you could add some diced carrot or some frozen peas to the pie filling to bulk it out..
- Assemble the pie and glaze it with a beaten egg. Sometimes I let my youngest make some pie decorations with pastry trimmings. My pie dish works better for me if I use a pie whistle to support the centre, as well as making steam holes in the top..
- Bake off in the oven for 35 is minutes (when the pastry has come to look golden brown). Take it out of the oven and let it cool for 5 mins before you serve. I put this with mash and some vegetables such as sweetheart cabbage..