Chicken kabsa. Chicken Kabsa recipe is a chicken and rice dinner that is full of Middle Eastern flavors. Kabsa is an amazingly flavored rice dish that can be made with chicken, beef or lamb. Kabsa (Arabic: كبسة kabsah) is a mixed rice dish that originates from Saudi Arabia but is commonly regarded as a national dish in many Arab states of the Persian Gulf.
Kabsa is a traditional Saudi rice dish. Chicken Kabsa Recipe can be made with many variations. Kabsa and Majboos are similar rice dishes popular in the Gulf countries especially Saudi Arabia. You can cook Chicken kabsa using 26 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken kabsa
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of onioms diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of diced green pepper.
- Prepare 2 of peeled and grated carrots.
- You need 1 kg of chicken thighs and legs with bone in.
- It’s 2 of green chilli.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 4 of bay leaves.
- It’s 4 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It’s of few black pepper corns.
- It’s 1 of dried lime.
- Prepare 1 of and half cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 3 cups of basmati rice.
- You need 2 tbsp of jannahs kabsa spice blend.
- Prepare of for the kabsa side sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion.
- You need 1 of medium tomato.
- You need half of green pepper.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It’s of large pinch of cumin.
- Prepare of large pinch of mint.
- You need of broth from the chicken.
Kabsa is a chicken and rice main course dish that is popular not just in Saudi Arabia but across the Arab Kabsa is made of chicken that is slowly simmered in a spicy broth of tomatoes and spices. Chicken Kabsa. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This twisted version of Chicken Kabsa from American Garden is delicious! Try it and serve it to your friends and family during a barbecue gathering.
Chicken kabsa step by step
- In very large a pan add the oil and butter over a medium heat and add the minced garlic and onions and sautee for a few minutes add salt and black pepper to taste cook till oniond turn golden and transparent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and green pepperand sautee for 3 to 4 minutes till they have cooked down a little.
- Add the kabsa spice and mix for 1 minute till all ingredients are mixed well..
- Add the chicken pieces skin side down on top of the tomato and oniom mixture make sure the meat gets a good colour you can add a little more oil if needed at this stage add the green chilli and the tomato puree and mix till covered for 1 minute.
- Add the grated carrot and add 4 to 5 cups of water and add the whole spices I.e peppercorns cinnamon sticks bay leaves and mix together bring to the boil and then cover and simmer on a low heat for 20 to 30 minutes till chicken is cooked (tip we dont want the meat falling of the bone).
- After 25 to 30 minutes remove chicken from the stock chicken must be tender add to a oven proof dish and place the chicken in the oven and bake till chicken gets a nice golden colour and skin is crispy.
- Measure 5 cups of stock threw a sieve but reserve the vegetable from the stock and place to one side also reserve half a cup of stock for the sauce mix later.
- Add to a very large pot the reserved vegetable mixture I.e the onions,tomatoes, chilli and carrot add to the pot and add 3 cups of washed basmati rice and mix.
- Add 5 cups of the sieved stock to rice and veg mixture and bring to the boil once boiling lower thr heat and simmer and cover the pot for 18 to 20 mind or till rice has fully cooked.
- Chicken shoukd be golden and crispy by now.
- Prepare the side sauce for the rice in a food processor blend the tomatoes and peppers and onion till smooth.
- In a saucepan heat the oil qnd add the tomato paste abd chilli and cook for q few minutes to get the acid out the tomato paste.
- Add the tomato and onion and pepper mixture to the pan and mix and cook for a few minutes.
- Add a large pinch of cumin and dried mint and mix and had half cup of the reserved broth from the chicken earlier mix and simmer till you get a good consistency like a soup mixture then set aside in a serving bowl.
- The rice is now cooked so now assembled the kabsa fluff up the rice on a serving dish add the chicken in a decorative way on top of the rice if you wish you can toast sum almonds and scatter on top and serve the rice along side the tomatoes sauce bon appetite.
Use chicken for this recipe, my others have lamb instead. Saudis like their Kabsa with a. Kabsa — chicken or meat served on a bed of steaming rice and redolent of exotic spices — is a national dish of Saudi Arabia. Variations are also popular in Yemen and the Gulf States of the Arabian. Kabsa is a traditional Middle Eastern dish consisting of spices, rice, meat and vegetables.