You can have Chicken Serunding using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Serunding
- Prepare of A. Boiled.
- Prepare 450 g of Chicken breast.
- You need 1 tbsp of chicken seasoning powder (we use knorr).
- Prepare of B. Toasted.
- Prepare 1 C of desiccated coconut.
- Prepare of C. Blended Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 stalk of lemon grass (finely sliced).
- It’s 1 inch of ginger.
- It’s 3 of shallots (medium size).
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- It’s of (Or just enough to blend the ingredients).
- You need of D. Spices.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fennel powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare of E. Seasoning.
- It’s 2/4 C of coconut cream.
- You need 1-2 tsp of Chicken seasoning powder.
- It’s Pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 40 g of palm sugar.
- You need of (Grated or finely chopped).
Chicken Serunding step by step
- A – place chicken breast in a pot and add enough water to cover the flesh. Add 1 tablespoon of chicken seasoning powder. Leave to boil until chicken breast is cooked. Drain the water and leave to cool. Cooked chicken breast should weighing around 450 g. Shred chicken thinly..
- B – Toast finely desiccated coconut in a wok (without oil) over medium heat until it turns golden brown. Remove from heat and leave to cool..
- C – Blend ingredients in C..
- Cooking the serunding – heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok. Add C (blended paste) and cook until fragrant. Add D, keep stirring for a minute or two. Stir in shredded chicken breast and season with E. Adjust taste and add some heat (chili paste or chilli flakes) for a spicy serunding. Keep cooking and stirring over medium heat until it's almost dried. Add toasted coconut last. Stir to combine until everything is well-mixed..
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely before storing..