Stuffed Jalapeños (Lactose free).
You can cook Stuffed Jalapeños (Lactose free) using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Jalapeños (Lactose free)
- It’s bunch of Jalapeño Peppers.
- You need of earthbalance vegan butter.
- Prepare of For The Stuffing.
- It’s 1 packages of Melissa's Extra firm Tofu.
- It’s 1 packages of Go Veggie brand mozzarella flavor shreads (lactose free).
- You need small of handful Soy bacon flavor bits.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 2 tbsp of reallemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Habanero powder, OR, 1 habanero pepper.
- You need of Greek seasonings.
- You need of For the Breading.
- You need bunch of flour.
- Prepare of eggs (use as much as needed to conplete).
- It’s 1 box of Crackers.
Stuffed Jalapeños (Lactose free) instructions
- Tofu prep: Drain. slice. press tofu for 45 minutes. (to drain excess water out)..
- In blender – blend tofu, cheese shreads, soy bacon bits, vegetable broth, lemon juice, greek seasonings, and habanero (if using pepper blend now/if using powder you may mix in with whatever step is easiest.).
- Wash, slice and deseed jalapeño peppers.
- Fill Jalapeño halves with the stuffing mix..
- Mill crackers to a fine powder. Set in container for next step.
- In bowl 1: dip the stuffed peppers with flour. Then in bowl 2: dip them into the egg. Last in bowl 3: roll them around in the cracker crumbs.
- in pan on medium heat add earth balance. put stuffed peppers in pan and warm until stuffing oozes out slightly flipping peppers to evenly heat..