Porridge Yam. Yam Porridge can also be referred to as yam soup. It is mainly yam cooked with ingredients and the resulting dish contains some soupy liquid. It is usually not cooked with added vegetables but I always.
Yam pottage/Yam porridge (Asaro) is a very delicious Yam recipe though it's eaten by most tribes You can watch the video on how to make the Nigerian Yam pottage/Yam Porridge (Asaro) Recipe. Follow me on Instagram: @tastycity Song MBB – Wake Up (Vlog No Copyright Music) Music provided by Vlog No Copyright Music Video Link. Yam porridge or Asaro is another delicious Nigerian yam dish cooked in a well-seasoned pepper mix until soft and fluffy with some yam chunks. You can have Porridge Yam using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Porridge Yam
- Prepare Half of Tuber yam.
- You need of smoked chicken shredded.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of ground crayfish.
- You need cube of Seasoning.
- It’s 5 of fresh pepper.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 of cksp palm oil.
- You need 1 cups of diced Ugu leaf.
It is very quick and easy to make. Yam porridge was one of the first Nigerian dishes I learnt to cook as a nine year old. I was told I Now thinking about it i am beginning to wonder if the rave about Chichi's yam porridge was truely based. It`s a delicious dish of the Nigerian cuisine.
Porridge Yam step by step
- Peel yam, cube;dice and set aside; blend pepper and onions; set aside.
- Boil yam and once yam is cooked add seasoning cube, salt, onion, crayfish, pepper, smoked chicken allow it simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add palm oil then stir. After 5 minutes add vegetables stir everything together then turn off heat..
- Serve porridge yam.
You can easily prepare it at home. There is nothing better than yam porridge with plantain for your dinner. Porridge yam if food to a Nigerian person. Here is a simple recipe that show you to prepare yam I love porridge yam because it is one of the most "easy to make" Nigerian foods, Personally I prapare. Yam Porridge/ Pottage also known as Asaro by the Yoruba People of Western Nigeria, is a Stewed This method of preparing Yam Porridge is peculiar to the Yoruba tribe of Nigeria because unlike.