Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup. This soup is packed with so much flavor with bites of tender chicken, rice noodles, cilantro, basil and lime juice! So cozy, comforting and fragrant – plus, it's easy So I'm back on the Thai food binge for the foreseeable future, starting with this noodle soup. Now you know I love a red curry.
The noodles we used in this soup are an instant-whole grain variety, and they melt into this the creamy red curry broth almost instantly. Learn more about the plate method here! Fun fact: we learned during the making of this recipe that bok choy and pak choi are the same vegetable! You can have Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup
- Prepare 1 of large bunch Bok Choy, white stems separated from green leaves.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of grated peeled fresh ginger.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of red curry paste (use mild or spicy, according to preference). Medium works best with this dish. I used a jar of Trader Joe's Red Curry Simmer Sauce!.
- It’s 1 of small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- It’s 1 quart of chicken or vegetable stock.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Asian fish sauce (don't skip this ingredient!! I use the Vietnamese versions)).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1 (13 ounce) of can of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare Half of teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste.
- Prepare 8 ounces of Vermicelli (Angel Hair or similar) rice noodles.
- It’s 3 of limes, 2 juiced, one cut into wedges.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of coarsely chopped fresh cilantro for garnish.
- Prepare of Shrimp or Scallops (see note in introduction).
This Thai Red Curry variety is healthy, hearty, and comes together in no time at all. So let's get to it, shall we? Soup is a huge staple for me during the winter months. Serving this soup with some rice noodles or rice would be a great way to bulk up the meal and make it more satiating! rice noodles. red curry paste. ginger and garlic. coconut milk. fresh vegetables – although I pinky swear you can use a big ol' bag of frozen stir fry vegetables if the chopping feels like a lot right now (I FEEL YOU) and it will still taste completely delicious. tofu – optional. soy sauce.
Red Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup step by step
- Slice the Bok Choy stems into 1/2 inch pieces. Slice the leaves into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Using the sauté function, heat the oil in the pressure cooker. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and curry paste and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. (If using regular pot, instructions are the same.) Add the sweet potato and the white stems of the Bok Choy, along with the stock. Bring to a simmer and add the fish sauce and brown sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves, about one minute..
- Stir in the coconut milk and salt, cover, and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes (or if using a regular pot: 45 minutes on medium heat)).
- Meanwhile, cook the Vermicelli noodles according to the package instructions..
- Release the pressure manually. Remove the lid and stir in the Bok Choy greens until wilted. Add the lime juice and more salt to taste..
- Divide the noodles among individual bowls and ladle the soup on top, garnishing with the cilantro and lime wedges.
These healthy vegan red curry noodle bowls are flavorful, saucy and super easy to make! Served with vegetables, crispy tofu, and gluten-free noodles too! This red curry wonton soup is a filling vegetarian meal: pillowy tofu wontons and zucchini noodles served in a creamy, spicy red curry borth. If you go to a Chinese restaurant and order wonton soup, you'll likely get a bowl of wontons served in clear broth and thin wheat or egg noodles. Thai red curry paste provides the spicy base for this soup.