Squash, spinach and chickpea salad. RECIPE: Kale, Squash & Avocado Salad. food. RECIPE: Chickpea, Spinach and Chorizo Stew. Combining squash and salads isn't new to me since I absolutely love roasted butternut squash pieces in a salad.
Top with the chickpeas and feta cheese and drizzle on the lemon tahini dressing. How to Make Spinach, Chickpea, and Quinoa Salad – Step by Step Photos. This salad starts with two cups of cooked quinoa, or other grain or pasta. You can cook Squash, spinach and chickpea salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Squash, spinach and chickpea salad
- You need of Medium butternut squash (1kg).
- You need 2-3 of red onions.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare 4 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 2 of x 400g tins of chickpeas.
- Prepare 200 g of spinach.
This spicy, healthy, vegan Moroccan Butternut Squash Stew is packed full of squash, chickpeas, spinach, and warm spices. Who says you need to only have salads to eat healthy (and who wants to eat them when it's cold outside?)? I keep seeing so many salads out there for healthy recipes for. In this salad, the versatile chickpea goes exotic in a deeply spiced, aromatic lemon and cumin dressing.
Squash, spinach and chickpea salad instructions
- Wash, deseed and roughly chop the squash. Chop the red onions into thick slices. Add these to 1 or 2 roasting tins, ensuring they are in a single layer. Mix with the oil and vinegar, salt, pepper and paprika..
- Place into a preheated oven (180degC) for 20 mins..
- Add the chickpea and a little more seasoning if you like and return to the oven for another 20 mins..
- Scatter the roasted veggies over a bed of washed spinach. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and red vinegar..
Fresh herbs punch it up with an unmistakable freshness, and spinach provides a tender bed. Serve the chickpea salad over a bed of spinach leaves. Butternut Squash and Chickpea "Salad", there's no messing around with loads of pointless and tasteless iceberg lettuce. Feel like subbing in pumpkin for the squash, and arugula for the spinach? Toss in your favorite legumes if chickpeas aren't in your pantry!