Chicken Ghee Roast.
You can cook Chicken Ghee Roast using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Ghee Roast
- It’s 600 gms of gms. chicken, cut into medium size.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare pinch of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- You need 3 tbsp. of ghee.
- It’s of Masala Paste -.
- It’s 8-10 of Kashmiri red chilies.
- You need 3-4 of red chilies.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of black peppercorns.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of coriander seeds.
- It’s 1 of / tsp. cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp. of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 1" of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- It’s 4-5 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 of onion sliced.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1" of ginger.
Chicken Ghee Roast instructions
- Heat 1 tsp. oil and saute all the spices from Kashmiri red chilies to cloves for a minute or till you get a nice aroma. Keep aside to cool. Heat 1 tbsp. oil and fry the onion, ginger and garlic till light brown. Set aside to cool. Now grind all the sauteed spices along with some water into a fine paste..
- Marinate the chicken with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder for an hour. Heat remaining ghee in a pan and fry the chicken till they are lightly browned..
- Now add the ground paste, yoghurt and salt. Mix everything well. Simmer on a low flame for 2-3 minutes..
- Add 1/2 cup water and curry leaves. Cover and simmer further till the chicken is soft and the gravy is thick..
- Serve with pulao, plain biryani, jeera rice, dosa, appam, idiyappam, paratha, naan, tandoori roti or just plain chapatti for a sumptuous meal..