Oats and Chicken Harees/ Daleem.
You can cook Oats and Chicken Harees/ Daleem using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oats and Chicken Harees/ Daleem
- Prepare 800 gm of Chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 cup of mixed lentils (bengal gram,split yellow,red and pigeon pea lentils).
- You need 3 cups of Oats.
- You need 4 of Onions sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2-3 of Green chillies chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- You need 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of blackpepper powder.
- It’s 1 cup of curd.
- You need 5 of peppercorns,2 cinnamon sticks,4 cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of caraway seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cubeb powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped mint leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ghee.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cashewnut paste.
Oats and Chicken Harees/ Daleem instructions
- In a cooking pot, heat ghee and oil together. Saute ginger garlic paste. Add the whole spices now. Saute all for a minute and then add the chicken cubes followed by the spices..
- Cover and let it cook on a low heat. Allow it to cool down a bit and then mash it well. Spices can be adjusted according to taste..
- Next add oats along with 5 -6 cups of water to another pot and let it cook on a low heat. Soak cashews for a few minutes and then make a smooth paste of it..
- Pressure cook mixed lentils with salt to taste,green chillies and turmeric. Once done add them to the simmering oats. Mix well and cook until oats are soft and mushy. Also add cashewnut paste to it. Will be done in 20-25 minutes..
- Now add cooked and mashed chicken to the oats and lentil mix. Stir until well combined. Add deep fried onions along with mint and coriander leaves. Reserve some of these for final garnishing..
- Adjust salt at this point. Sprinkle garam masala and cubeb powders. Mix well and cook for 5 more minutes..
- Serve hot garnished with fried onions and greens. Also don't forget to add a generous dollop of ghee on top..