Southern Fried Chicken Breast n Waffle Sandwich.
You can have Southern Fried Chicken Breast n Waffle Sandwich using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern Fried Chicken Breast n Waffle Sandwich
- Prepare 4 numbers of chicken breast boneless.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 number of egg.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of hot sauce louisiana.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of oregano dried.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of thyme dried.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare to taste of pepper.
- You need 16 numbers of savoury waffles.
- It’s of iceberg lettuce.
- You need of tomato sliced.
- Prepare of honey mustard sauce.
Southern Fried Chicken Breast n Waffle Sandwich instructions
- Clean the chicken breast, and lay it flat on your work surface..
- Using the flat end of a rubber mallet (or even a rolling pin) beat it to make it slightly thin..
- Cut each flattened breast into two individual chicken cutlets..
- Marinate the cutlets in a mixture of the buttermilk, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper..
- When sufficiently marinated (half an hour will do if you're in a hurry, or marinate 'em overnight!) keep them ready on the countertop for the dredging-and-egging process..
- In a flat dish, mix together the flour, dried herbs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside..
- In another dish, beat the egg with the hot sauce (it should turn a bright orange hue). Set aside..
- Heat oil for frying in a skillet or non-stick frying pan (preferably with high sides)..
- Dredge the chicken once in the flour mixture, then dip it in the egg, and then dredge it once again in the flour (make sure it's completely coated)..
- Fry the chicken pieces in the hot oil till crunchy golden brown and just cooked through (overcooked chicken breast becomes stringy)..
- Remove the chicken onto a draining rack set over a baking sheet (to catch drips). Set aside..
- Serve the chicken between two waffles with lettuce, tomato and honey mustard dressing..