Tah chin (Iranian Rice Cake).
You can have Tah chin (Iranian Rice Cake) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tah chin (Iranian Rice Cake)
- You need 4 cups of rice.
- You need 300 gr of chicken breast.
- Prepare 6 of eggs.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 200 gr of yogurt (Greek yogurt is the best).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of saffron (mixed with hot water).
- You need 1 cup of oil.
- You need 1 cup of barberry (Zereshk which will be found in all Iranian markets around the world).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of rosewater.
- It’s slices of Almond and pistachio.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon powder.
- You need of For decorating:.
- Prepare of Carrot, almond and pistachio slices, barberry (your choice).
Tah chin (Iranian Rice Cake) instructions
- Cook the chicken breast with an onion, salt and some spices that you usually use for chicken. After cooking it well, shred the breasts into small pieces..
- Beat the eggs and after it is smooth, add the yogurt, and then add the amount of saffron, oil, rosewater, spices, and stir the ingredients until they are completely mixed..
- Heat the oil on a pan and fry the chicken pieces, add salt and the spices and nuts and stir them to get mixed. Then put it aside and in the same pan fry the barberry. If you are not a fan of sour, you can add a pinch of sugar to the barberry. Be careful because it burns so fast. Keep the fire low and just fry it for a couple of minutes..
- Now add your already cooked rice to the mixture of eggs and yogurt and mix them together very well. Choose a mold (or use a pot) and grease the bottom with little but oil. Then fill the mold (or the pot) with half of your rice, then add you chicken and barberry and then cover the chicken and with the rest of the rice completely..
- If you are using the mold you can put it in the oven for 40 minutes. If you are using a pot, put the pot on low fire and let it be for around 1 hour and half..
- You can decorate your dish with any ingredient that you like, just keep in mind that presentation in this dish means everything! Bon Apetit!.
- This recipe has been published on Cookpad Farsi by Maryam. To see the recipe in original language please click on: https://bit.ly/3jmB2YV.