Smoked Salmon, Shallot, Tomato & Caper Pasta.
You can have Smoked Salmon, Shallot, Tomato & Caper Pasta using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked Salmon, Shallot, Tomato & Caper Pasta
- You need 250 g of pasta of your choice. I used pappardelle: tagliatelle also works well with this.
- It’s 2 Knobs of butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of banana shallots, chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red chili, with seeds, sliced.
- Prepare of Zest of 1 lemon.
- It’s 1 tbsp of capers, rinsed and drained.
- It’s 6 of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- It’s 150 ml of dried white wine.
- Prepare 200 g of smoked salmon, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare 150 ml of crème fraîche.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Ground black pepper.
Smoked Salmon, Shallot, Tomato & Caper Pasta step by step
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to instructions timed to reach the al dente point ready for Step 5 below. Reserve 200 ml of the pasta, drain, add 1 knob of butter and keep warm..
- Put 1 knob of butter and the olive oil into a deep saucepan or wok, bring to a medium-heat and cook the shallots for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking. Add the tomatoes, garlic, chili, lemon zest and capers, then stir gently but thoroughly and continue frying for a further 5 minutes or until the shallots are softened but not burnt, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in the wine (partially to deglaze) and once it has almost evaporated, stir in the crème fraîche and the mustard. Season to taste but you might well decide that seasoning is unnecessary..
- As soon as the crème fraîche is well-heated (but not boiling), add the smoked salmon and stir all together quickly but thoroughly and sufficiently long (should need 1-2 minutes) to heat the salmon. Stir in some of the reserved pasta water if iI looks like it’s getting drier than you want..
- Add in the pasta, stir well to ensure all is cooked through and serve in pre-heated pasta dishes..