Veggie Pizza with pastry base. Super easy to make and packed with mixed vegetables, these Veggie Pizza Puff Pastry Roll Ups are sure to go down a treat with the whole family! It's all in the name of pregnancy of course. I just look at it as a tasty way to get my veggies and calcium in for the baby.
Pizza night gets deliciously different when individual-sized pizza crusts, made from puff pastry shells, are topped with pizza sauce, colorful vegetables and mozzarella cheese. It's a tasty way to eat more veggies. A great way to tastefully get raw veggies into an appetizer! You can cook Veggie Pizza with pastry base using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veggie Pizza with pastry base
- It’s 1 sheet of puff pastry.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 100 grams of cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 of tomato paste can (~80 grams).
- Prepare 200 grams of mushrooms.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Crushed chillies.
- Prepare of Dried thyme.
My mom used to make a similar veggie pizza for me when I was young, and I'd been wanting to try making it myself. Luckily for me, I ran across this recipe—it's even better than mom's! To personalize your veggie pizza toppings, use your leftover veggies or latest garden harvest. Try your favorite combination of chopped fresh veggies to make this recipe your own.
Veggie Pizza with pastry base step by step
- Start by warming up your oven on fan mode, 200 C..
- Prepare your tray. If you have non-stick baking & greaseproof paper then cut the paper to fit the tray. Otherwise just sprinkle a bit of oil on the tray, then flour. This will stop the pizza from sticking to the tray..
- Next, start chopping the vegetables. You can be as creative as you want or just put everything you have in your pantry on there. I love the flavorful onion combined with the light zucchini, juicy tomatoes, and the filling mushrooms..
- Now that everything is chopped, and our tray is ready, place the puff pastry sheet on the tray and let’s start assembling the pizza. Coat the puff pastry with the tomato paste, and allow space for the crust to form..
- Now have fun with your toppings, you can arrange them however you want but don’t forget to distribute them evenly..
- Lastly, use your condiments. Sprinkle a bit of salt (I love the taste of Himalayan pink salt), some crushed chillies, and thyme. Thyme brings the dish all together and makes it very tasty..
- Place the tray in the oven and leave for 20 mins. Quick and easy! You’ll know it is done when the puff pastry crust is all golden and fluffy..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Be sure to cut the vegetables so they are bite-size so they top the pizza nicely and are easier to eat. Supreme Vegetarian Pizza with Mozzarella and Feta. This Vegetarian Pizza is loaded with bell peppers, olives, onions, and even more fresh veggies! This information is processed to personalize content based on your interests, run and optimize marketing campaigns, measure the performance of ads and content, and derive insights about the audiences who engage with ads and content. What is the difference between Panzerotti (or Panzarotti) and Calzone?