Kenchinjiru (Shojin Ryori) Japanese Veggie Soup 🌱.
You can have Kenchinjiru (Shojin Ryori) Japanese Veggie Soup 🌱 using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kenchinjiru (Shojin Ryori) Japanese Veggie Soup 🌱
- Prepare of Mushrooms (enoki, oyster, chestnut).
- It’s of Tofu (medium cut into squares).
- You need of Mushrooms.
- Prepare of Carrots.
- Prepare of Chinese cabbage.
- You need of Root veg or squash.
- It’s of Seasonal green veg.
- Prepare of Daikon/mooli (I used pink radish).
- It’s of Soy sauce (optional).
- Prepare of Squash.
- Prepare of Dashi.
- Prepare of Shiitake mushroom.
- Prepare of Kombu seaweed.
- It’s of Water (just enough to cover veggies).
Kenchinjiru (Shojin Ryori) Japanese Veggie Soup 🌱 instructions
- Prepare the Dashi stock by washing and then soaking the shiitake and kombu for at least an hour. Then heat for 15 minutes but don’t boil. If you taste it should already taste delicious. This is such an important part of the recipe and gives the umami taste..
- Cut the veg into similar sized pieces. This is important in zen cooking As it allows the veg to cook for the minimum amount of time and retain nutrients. Add a few squares of medium or firm tofu. You can use a soft tofu but add at the last minute or it will crumble..
- Simmer the veg in the Dashi until cooked. Only use just enough to cover the veg to help retain the nutrients of the vegetables. Don’t overcook, they should still have some bite. Add soy sauce to taste if using..