Southern Chicken Waffle Burger With Egg & Maple Glazed Bacon. Hey FamBammers, Thanks for stopping in for another PHILLIPS FamBam COOK WITH ME.this time we went with the SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN & WAFFLES stacked with. How I make a delicious southern fried chicken style burger. Please comment and rate my video 🙂 Share With Friends.
Here I've mixed things up a bit and used waffles instead of a bun. This sweet and savory recipe for Southern-Style Chicken and Waffles is simple and straightforward! The waffles for this dish are more on the savory side, with a buttermilk and cornmeal batter enhanced with a hint of maple syrup. You can have Southern Chicken Waffle Burger With Egg & Maple Glazed Bacon using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southern Chicken Waffle Burger With Egg & Maple Glazed Bacon
- Prepare of Serves: 1 person.
- You need 2 of waffles, (homemade or store bought),.
- Prepare 1 of chicken breast,.
- It’s 2 of medium eggs, 1 beaten,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of BBQ sauce,.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Crispy onions, (you can buy them in most supermarkets),.
- It’s 1 tbsp of maple syrup,.
- You need 2 rashers of streaky smoked bacon,.
- It’s 1 of reduced fat burger cheese slice,.
- You need 1 handful of rocket leaves,.
- It’s of For the chicken seasoning:.
- You need 2 tbsp of white plain flour,.
- It’s Pinch of Salt,.
- It’s Pinch of white pepper,.
- Prepare of Grind of black pepper,.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of oregano,.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of thyme,.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried basil,.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika,.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic granules,.
- It’s of Small pinch dried powdered ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of celery salt.
I use my standard waffle recipe and enhance it with the. Ground beef is mixed with egg, bread crumbs, prepared mustard, and Worcestershire sauce, formed into patties This collection of top-rated recipes highlights this versatilty, featuring chicken thighs with international This burger doesn't sound too Southern. It might be a meatloaf burger. If you love southern food, this chicken and waffles burger is the closest thing to perfection you will likely ever find.
Southern Chicken Waffle Burger With Egg & Maple Glazed Bacon step by step
- In a bowl mix together all of the chicken seasoning ingredients. Take the chicken breast and place on a chopping board and cover with a layer of cling film then using a rolling pin flatten the fatter end down a bit so it cooks evenly once in the oven..
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan). Heat a frying pan over a medium to high heat and add a splash of cooking oil. Once warmed dredge the chicken in the beaten egg then the seasoning and add it to the frying pan. Cook for a couple of minutes each side until golden then remove and add to a baking rack over a foil lined tray. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes..
- Heat through the waffles until crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside and set aside. Take the cheese slice and place it over the chicken in the oven so it melts during the final few minutes of cooking..
- Heat a frying pan and add a little oil. and add the bacon slices and the egg. Turn the bacon every couple of minutes until crisp on the edges and fry the egg sunny side up until the white is cooked and yolk still runny. Remove the bacon and place on kitchen roll to soak up excess grease. Drizzle the bacon with half the maple syrup..
- Remove the chicken from the oven once cooked through (after around 25-30mins of cooking). Set aside..
- Now it's time to construct the burger. First place the first waffle down and add a tiny drizzle of maple syrup and then pile on the rocket leaves. Next add the burger topped with melted cheese. Next add the BBQ sauce and then the fried egg. Sprinkle over the crispy onions and lastly add the second waffle on top..
- Dig in and enjoy! :).
From Mathew Ramsey of PornBurger, the I Woke Up Like This stack consists of fried chicken sandwiched between two waffles to make a chicken burger. This is a reinvented "chicken and waffles" — a classic southern soul-food dish that has been a favorite of mine ever since I moved to Louisville. It's not an early-morning dish, but it is perfect for that not-quite-lunchtime meal when maybe you've had one too many bourbon cocktails the night before. The Best Waffle Burger Recipes on Yummly Better than Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles Recipe!