Delicious Simmered Taro Root & Thinly-Sliced Pork.
You can have Delicious Simmered Taro Root & Thinly-Sliced Pork using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Delicious Simmered Taro Root & Thinly-Sliced Pork
- It’s 1 kg of Satoimo (taro).
- You need 1 medium of Carrot.
- Prepare 250 grams of Thinly sliced pork.
- You need of Also good for chicken wings! 8-10 pieces.
- You need 50 ml of Japanese sake (not cooking sake).
- Prepare 50 ml of Real mirin (mirin-style flavoring not OK).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 40 ml of Soy sauce.
- You need 100 ml of Water.
Delicious Simmered Taro Root & Thinly-Sliced Pork instructions
- Remove the taro root skins, rub with salt, and then wash to get rid of the stickiness. Roughly chop the carrots and cut the pork into bite-sized pieces..
- Casually wash the inside of a thick pot with water, then lightly oil with vegetable oil (not listed), add the ingredients, and heat..
- Once the meat has cooked through, add Japanese sake, mirin, sugar and heat. Add soy sauce and boil slightly..
- Add water, cover with a lid (aluminum foil works as a substitute!) and boil for about 10 minutes on medium to low heat. Toss the pot contents so the bottom layer mixes with the top..
- Continue boiling until there's only a little stock left, then stop the heat. It burns easily, so please be careful..
- And it's finished!.