Beef Rendang: Delicious Malaysian Dish.
You can have Beef Rendang: Delicious Malaysian Dish using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Rendang: Delicious Malaysian Dish
- You need of Rendang:.
- It’s 500 grams of Beef cubes (for stew).
- You need 1 tbsp of each Sake and sugar.
- It’s 1 can of Coconut milk.
- It’s 1 stalk of ★ Lemongrass.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ★ Grated ginger.
- You need 3 clove of ★ Garlic.
- It’s 50 grams of ★ Cashew nuts.
- You need 2 of ★ Red Chili Pepper (seeded).
- You need 2 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Curry powder.
- It’s of Nasi lemak:.
- You need 360 ml of Uncooked white rice.
- Prepare 400 ml of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s of For the topping:.
- You need 1 of Batapī – Shelled skinless peanuts prepared in butter.
- It’s 1 of Chirimen jako or chirimen jako with sansho.
Beef Rendang: Delicious Malaysian Dish instructions
- Rinse the rice, drain and let it sit for more than 1 hour. Combine the rice, coconut milk and salt and cook as usual..
- Sprinkle the sake and sugar onto the beef and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the lemon grass into 5 mm small pieces. Slice the garlic thinly as well..
- In a food processor, combine the ★ ingredients and add the coconut milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it has a pasty consistency..
- Put the oil in a pressure cooker, and cook the beef until golden brown. Add the ★ ingredients and the remaining coconut milk and add some water up to the lowest water level setting..
- Cook it in at high pressure for 30 minutes. Leave it to cool down naturally and remove the lid. Add the curry powder and simmer again to evaporate the liquid, stirring constantly. Adjust the taste with salt and pepper..
- Make the rice into a dome shape with a rice bowl, top the rice with chirimen jako or jako with sansho, serve the curry on the side, sprinkle some peanuts on top and it is done. It will look pretty if you sprinkle on some cilantro..
- If you are using a regular pot, simmer it for 1 or 2 hours if possible (make sure to add water from time to time if the liquid evaporates)..