Standard But Delicious Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl.
You can have Standard But Delicious Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Standard But Delicious Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl
- Prepare 1 of Chicken thigh meat.
- You need 5 large of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 large of Onion.
- Prepare 3 large of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 2 of handfuls Green onion or scallion (chopped).
- Prepare of The sauce:.
- It’s 150 ml of Water (including the shiitake mushroom soaking liquid).
- It’s 4 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sake.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of Dashi stock granules.
- Prepare 1 of Nori seaweed.
Standard But Delicious Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl instructions
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with a little soy sauce and sake (not listed in the ingredients) to flavor. Rehydrate the mushrooms by soaking them in water, then squeeze out and slice thinly. Slice the onion thinly, and mix the sauce ingredients together..
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and stir fry the chicken. I think it smells really nice….
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and onion and continue stir frying..
- When the onion and mushroom has started to wilt, add the combined sauce ingredients and simmer and reduce over medium-high heat..
- Beat the egg lightly. (Make sure not to over-beat it! Just beat it enough to break up the white a bit. To exaggerate, you only have to beat it the same number of times as you have eggs in there.) Swirl the egg mixture into the pan..
- When the egg white is soft set, sprinkle on the green onion and put the lid on immediately to steam cook for a few seconds, then turn the heat off. Leave to cook to your desired doneness..
- This is how it looks after letting it steam-cook with the residual heat for a little while. The white is soft-set and the yolk is still creamy – can you tell?.