Classic Spanish Tortilla.
You can cook Classic Spanish Tortilla using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic Spanish Tortilla
- You need 6 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of large onion, diced.
- It’s 6 of fresh eggs.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- It’s of Salt.
Classic Spanish Tortilla step by step
- Wash and peel the potatoes and onions. Cut the potatoes into thin slices – try to make the slices irregular in size (eg thin one side and slightly thicker at the other side). Very finely dice or mince the onions..
- Put a good couple of cm’s oil in a non stick frying pan with a lid, heat and fry the potato slices in batches. The trick here is to put a lid on the pan so the potato cooks through (poaches) to be nice and soft, and crispy on the thin edges. Drain the potato slices in kitchen towel once done..
- When the potatoes are done, pour off the oil and use the frying pan to fry the onions until nice and soft..
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and add a splash of milk if you like. Add salt to taste. Add in your potatoes and cooked onion then add the whole mix to your hot frying pan greased with olive oil..
- Gently mix the mixture in the pan until it is starting to set then stop stirring it. Add the lid to the pan and allow it to start cooking through. After about 5 mins, use a plate to tip the frittata over and slide it back into the pan to cook the base. It only needs a few more minutes here then it’s ready to be served..