Common purslane with chicken and rice. Purslane, Portulaca oleracea, is an ancient plant originally from Persia and now found through much of the temperate world. Purslane is also packed with vitamins. Purslane (Portulaca oleracea) is a leafy vegetable that most likely originated in the Mediterranean region.
Common purslane (Portulaca oleracea) is also known as Verdolaga, Pigweed, Little Hogweed, Pusley, Rigla, Pourpier, pussly, and "rose moss or moss roses". Note: Portulaca oleracea bears a slight resemblance to hairy stemmed spurge (Euphorbia vermiculata), which is poisonous. Did you know purslane is considered the top most nutritious food on the planet? You can have Common purslane with chicken and rice using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Common purslane with chicken and rice
- It’s 400 gm of Common Purslane (if you cant find it, fine, use the same recipe for Spinach).
- You need Cup of white rice.
- Prepare of Water to cook the rice.
- Prepare 1 of large onion. Chopped.
- It’s 5 of large garlic cloves. Chopped.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 of chicken breast. Not necessary if you dont eat meat.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Have you ever cooked with purslane, or Portulaca oleracea as it is known to botanists? It is a succulent plant whose edible, delicious leaves are crunchy and slightly. If you are a vegetarian and pledge to avoid all forms. Hello, we are "MINI FARMING AND LIVING" in Texas.
Common purslane with chicken and rice step by step
- Clean the purslane thoroughly, drain then, and then chop them. I keep the stalks, they are very tasty and crunchy!.
- Chop the onions and garlic.
- Cut the chicken breast into thin strips.
- Sautee the garlic and onions with the olive oil, add the salt and pepper. Cover them until they become translucent..
- Add the chicken breast strips, cook them on medium heat..
- When chicken is almost done, add the chopped purslane. remember, dont add water as you will notice how the leaves will drain its own water in the pot and its volume will decrease. cover the pot and remain on medium to low heat. stir often..
- Check the leaves often and stir often. it will be cooked once the green changes its color, and the stalks become more tender, but it is ok if they are still a little crunchy, they are delicious!.
- Cook the rice. once done serve as in the picture. traditionally, squeeze half a lemon on the purslane before eating..
Please join us in our journey to grow a vegetable garden that will allow us to become self-sufficient. Chicken and Rice in the Instant Pot. Chicken and Rice Recipe (Instant Pot). This healthier version of chicken and rice keeps all of the classic flavors while leaving out the soupy processed ingredients. It's also a snap to make thanks to the use of an.