Seared Steak Salad With Charred Tomato & Onions. In this vegetable gardener's dream of a meal, oven-charred tomatoes act like a sauce for a side dish of sautéed summer squash and snap peas. On a lightly-oiled sheet pan, arrange the tomato slices in an even layer and season generously with salt and pepper. Roast, turning halfway through, until soft.
Here, get our best grilling recipes. We're serving our rich steak tonight with two incredibly easy sides. Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into thick fries and roasted, make for a hearty accompaniment, while sautéed sweet corn and cherry tomatoes (yours may be red or yellow), balanced by a bit of sherry vinegar, are a celebration of late summer's. You can cook Seared Steak Salad With Charred Tomato & Onions using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seared Steak Salad With Charred Tomato & Onions
- You need 170 g of Beef Medallion Steak,.
- You need 1 of medium carrot (80g), spiralized or alternatively grated,.
- Prepare Half of a bag of mixed leaf salad, approximately 55g or so,.
- You need 1 of small red onion cut into chunks,.
- It’s 2 of small vine tomatoes, cut into quarters,.
- It’s of Light 'house' salad dressing (Or light ceaser alternative),.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Prepare of Dried parsley to garnish,.
- Prepare of Coconut Frylight for frying.
But pan-seared steak doesn't really provide much sauce of its own. The solution: Toss some juicy cherry tomatoes and chilies into the skillet as the steak finishes cooking. Their natural juices pick up the flavorful pan drippings and—with just a touch of olive oil—emulsify into a rich, flavor-packed pan. Tonight's video from Blue Apron is the Pan-Seared Steak & Oven Fries w/ Cherry Tomato & Corn Salad recipe.
Seared Steak Salad With Charred Tomato & Onions step by step
- Warm a large frying or griddle pan up so it's nice and hot over a high heat. Take the steak and spray both sides with Frylight, (or alternatively rub with another cooking oil you have to hand), and season with salt and pepper..
- Place the steak into the pan and if it sizzles, it's hot enough. Add a little more oil to the pan either side of the steak and add the tomatoes and red onion to begin charring it..
- In a shallow bowl or a plate arrange the salad leaves and carrot while the steak fries..
- Once the steak has cook on one side and it nicely browned turn it over and begin cooking the other side, turn the tomatoes and onions also so all sides are charred nicely. This should only take a few minutes..
- Remove the frying/griddle pan from the heat and set the steak aside either on a chopping board or on some kitchen roll to rest. Leave for around 4-5 minutes until the juices have run out..
- Drizzle around a tbsp to a tbsp and a half of dressing over the salad. Add the charred tomatoes and onion around the bowl on top of the salad leaves and carrot, then slice the steak into thin strips and add to the centre..
- Season with a bit of dried parsley for garnish..
Like, Subscribe, Share & enjoy the videos 🙂 Site. Seared Steaks with Tomato Salad and Pesto. Serve with the charred tomatoes and leafy green salad. Sear the Steak: Pat the steak dry and season all over with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat the neutral cooking oil over high heat until shimmering and Divide the dressed salad between plates and arrange the sliced steak and sliced avocado on top.