One pot Roast Chicken and Rice.
You can cook One pot Roast Chicken and Rice using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of One pot Roast Chicken and Rice
- It’s 1 of large free range chicken.
- Prepare 4 of shallots diced.
- You need 1 of leek sliced.
- Prepare 1 packet of smoked bacon lardons.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic diced.
- Prepare 4 of carrots chopped.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need Sprig of rosemary.
- It’s 500 ml of good quality stock.
- Prepare 200 ml of white wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 250 grams of long grain rice.
One pot Roast Chicken and Rice step by step
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Take a oven proof/ hob pot with a lid, drizzle in the oil and heat it, brown the whole chicken. Then lift out..
- Whilst it’s browsing prep the veggies..
- Now throw in the, bacon and veggies into the pot letting them soften. Stir well..
- Next add the chicken put on top of the veggies. Sprinkling on the paprika and salt and pepper. Add stock and wine, dunk in the herbs. Cook in the oven with its lid on for approximately 50 mins until cooked right the way through! It boils and steams the chicken so cooks in quicker time!.
- Lift out the chicken wrap it with foil to keep it warm. Pour the rice into the pot and stir well through the liquid..
- Place back on the lid and cook the rice for approximately 20 minutes until soft and all the juices have been absorbed..
- Serve as it is or with additional veggies!.