Peri Peri Fried Chicken.
You can cook Peri Peri Fried Chicken using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peri Peri Fried Chicken
- It’s 1 of chicken breast weighing around 130g,.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole fat milk,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice,.
- It’s 1.5 of heaped tbsp porridge oats, (not the finely milled kind),.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of plain flour,.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tbsp peri peri powdered seasoning,.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic granules,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika,.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to season.
- You need of Cooking oil for shallow frying,.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of peri peri sauce of your choice for glazing.
Peri Peri Fried Chicken instructions
- Combine the cup of whole milk and lemon juice in a bowl and stir. Leave at room temperature for 5-6 minutes until it thickens slightly. Take the chicken breast and cover in a layer of cling film on a chopping board and using a rolling pin smash it out so it's the same thickness all the way along so it cooks evenly..
- Place the chicken into the milk and lemon mixture. Refrigerate for around ten minutes..
- In a bowl combine the oats, flour and dried spices and garlic and season well with salt and pepper. Stir to combine well. Tip out onto a tray or dinner plate. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture until well coated..
- Heat up a large frying pan with around 1/2 cm oil in until hot enough that if you put a tiny bit of flour in it sizzles. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Fry the chicken for a few seconds each side in the hot oil until golden. Then transfer it into a wire rack and bake until cooked through, this should take around 20 minutes..
- Remove from the oven, and baste the crispy fried chicken in peri peri sauce until glazed. Serve up in a burger or with your choice of sides and enjoy! :).