Simple chicken and mushroom risotto. Learn to make this creamy, comforting risotto with our easy, step-by-step recipe – great for using up leftover chicken. This is part fresh, part store bought but oh so good! Stir in the chicken and mushrooms, the Parmesan, and the parsley and heat through.
Risotto is a classic that everyone should know, and this EASY creamy Chicken and Mushroom Risotto is one of my But there are a few simple tips that make all the difference, as well as busting a few myths! 🙂. This Chicken Risotto with Mushrooms Recipe is a perfectly simple way to make this often difficult dish easier than ever with mushrooms and cream. Absolutely one of the best risottos I have made. You can have Simple chicken and mushroom risotto using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple chicken and mushroom risotto
- You need 1 1/2 cups of rice (I used basmati, just because that's all I ever buy.
- Prepare 1 of onion/4 red shallots.
- It’s of mushrooms.
- Prepare of Chicken/veg stock (about 5 cups).
- It’s of cooked chicken, shredded.
- Prepare of worsestershire sauce (optional).
- It’s of Salt pepper.
- It’s of Dried mixed herbs.
- You need of Chunk of Cheese (mature cheddar or similar).
It is a creamy risotto guaranteed to make you groan in delight when eating it. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. Just before the last batch of stock has been absorbed into the rice, add the chicken and mushroom mixture back into the pot. With this easy recipe for Chicken and Mushroom Risotto, you'll learn how to make restaurant-quality risotto at home.
Simple chicken and mushroom risotto step by step
- Fry onion in a little oil or butter (I used the oil from the homemade chicken stock).
- Add mushrooms. Fry a little..
- Add rice and 2 cups stock, a little salt(only a little at first as cheese and worcestershire sauce will also add saltiness!), pepper, worcestershire sauce and herbs to taste and bring to boil whilst stirring..
- Keep adding a ladle of stock and cooking down till stock is used up and rice is cooked (this may take 15 minutes). Add extra water if rice is still not done to your liking..
- Crumble up some cheese into the risotto, and stir through till melted. Check seasoning..
- Enjoy! Eat by itself or with a little green salad. It's comfort in a bowl! :).
This creamy Chicken and Mushroom Risotto recipe is a great way to use up leftover chicken. Rich in earthy mushroom flavor, this comforting dish is a real crowd-pleaser. Chicken and mushrooms turn this risotto into a filling main-course dish. If you're using canned chicken broth to make risotto, be sure it's low-sodium. This recipe was very easy to make but I did season my chicken when I first put it in by itself and the recipe itself came out very nice!