You can cook Chicken Shawarma using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Shawarma
- Prepare 2 of bamboo skewers soaked in water.
- Prepare of aprox 6 chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried mint.
- It’s 1/2 of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- It’s of oil.
- You need of fresh coriander.
- Prepare of red onions.
- Prepare of pittas or flat breads to serve.
- Prepare of salad of your choice to serve.
- You need of mint yoghurt, garlic mayo, chilli sauce to serve.
Chicken Shawarma instructions
- Firstly get your chicken marinated. Mix all your herbs and spices (not the fresh coriander), garlic and juice of half the lemon into and pestle and mortar and mix with a little oil. Massage the marinade into your chicken and leave, overnight if you can but a few hours will work too..
- Next cut a big potato in half and flat side down pop onto a baking tray, put two skewers into the potato. next layer your chicken thighs on top of the potato thrpough the chicken skewers until you have what resembles a chicken kebab. place the other half of your lemon on top to secure everything in place and to allow the lemon juice to keep your chicken moist in the oven….
- In a preheated oven (210) put your chicken in and leave for about 45 mins, it wont dry out, until the edges are all gnarly and dark..
- Whilst your chicken is cooking, prep all your salads, sauces and wrap etc.
- When your chicken is all cooked through, take out and let it rest for a few minutes then carve down the sides with a sharp knife like you would any kebab..