Bulgur Wheat with Mint, Feta and Veggie 'Chorizo' Sausages.
You can cook Bulgur Wheat with Mint, Feta and Veggie 'Chorizo' Sausages using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bulgur Wheat with Mint, Feta and Veggie 'Chorizo' Sausages
- Prepare of Serves: 1 person.
- It’s of bulgur wheat, pre-cooked according to packet instructions,.
- Prepare of red chilli cut into thin rings,.
- You need of chorizo and red pepper veg sausages, (I used Linda McCartney),.
- You need of red onion, sliced,.
- You need of garlic sliced thin,.
- You need of small cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves,.
- It’s of rocket leaves,.
- Prepare of reduced fat feta cheese,.
- You need of dried mint, or a few fresh mint leaves (alternative),.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Prepare of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of Frylight or vegetable/sunflower oil for frying,.
Bulgur Wheat with Mint, Feta and Veggie 'Chorizo' Sausages instructions
- Take a mixing bowl and add the cooked bulgur wheat. Season with salt and pepper and add the mint and 1/2 tbsp of the olive oil. Stir it through..
- Turn the hob into a medium to high heat. Take a frying pan and spray Frylight to cover base, or alternatively add 1tbsp of vegetable/sunflower oil. Add the sausages and cook for a few minutes, turning when necessary. Add the red onions to the pan alongside the sausages and cook until the onions are slightly charred on the edges. Add a couple more sprays of oil if needed, then add the sliced garlic. Cook for a further minute or two..
- Once the sausages are cooked through remove the frying pan from the heat. Add the cooked garlic and onion to the bulgur wheat mix, then slice up the sausages, gently mix together until everything is evenly combined..
- Add the chopped red chillies, rocket, feta and tomatoes to the mixing bowl with the bulgur wheat in, toss everything together once more..
- Serve up in a shallow bowl, drizzle over the other 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to finish..