Chicken Leg with Caper Mash.
You can cook Chicken Leg with Caper Mash using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Leg with Caper Mash
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of chicken legs.
- You need of Sea salt.
- It’s of Ground black pepper.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, peeled but whole.
- Prepare 40 g of butter.
- Prepare 1 of red onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of green chili, with seeds, chopped.
- It’s 2-3 of potatoes, depending upon size.
- You need 1 tbsp of crème fraîche or milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of capers, lightly crushed.
Chicken Leg with Caper Mash instructions
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 6 or electric equivalent (probably 190-210C, Circotherm 170C).
- Make one slit in each chicken drumstick and thigh (they don’t have be separated), season the chicken legs and slide a garlic clove into each slit. Use 10g butter to smear over the chicken skin..
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof dish and gently fry the red onion and chili until the onion is beginning to caramelise, about 5 minutes. Avoid stirring but instead use a spatula to slide the onion slices around if necessary to prevent sticking..
- Remove from the hob, gathering the onions and chili to make two (or four if you’ve jointed the legs) shallow mounds and place a chicken piece on each mound. Roast in pre-heated oven until the chicken is cooked, around 40 minutes..
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water, drain in a colander and return to the warm saucepan. Cover and allow to settle for a few minutes, then mash with the rest of the butter and the crème fraîche/milk. Then stir in the capers, taste and season – with the capers, salt may not be needed..
- Place the chicken legs on their beds of onion and chili onto plates and add the caper mash. Other vegetables can be served as accompaniments: a few frozen peas and carrots add colour..