Tortilla de patata with courgette. Spanish omelette.
You can cook Tortilla de patata with courgette. Spanish omelette using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tortilla de patata with courgette. Spanish omelette
- You need 3-4 of medium sized potatoes finely sliced.
- It’s 1 of onion finely chopped.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s 4 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 litre of olive oil (not extra virgin).
- It’s 1 of / 2 courgette (optional).
Tortilla de patata with courgette. Spanish omelette step by step
- Peel,wash and slice potatoes finely. Peel and chop the onions and mix together and add pinch of salt.
- Heat moderately the olive oil in a good nonstick frying pan (if you're new to turning the omelette use a small pan, I always do, it's easier).
- Add potatoes and onion to oil and cook slowly turning so that they don't stick to bottom. If too hot the potatoes will fry instead, we need them to soften and crumble but not crisp if possible. When potatoes are halfway cooked I add courgettes but this is optional..
- Once cooked get potatoes out of the oil with slotted spoon so that you can drain as much oil as possible..
- Add them to eggs. It should be a sloppy mixture. Add a pinch of salt if needed.
- Remove oil from the pan and turn heat up so the pan is really hot. Make sure there's a bit of oil and add egg and potato mixture.
- Cook until slightly browned. You may need to turn heat down a bit so that it doesn't burn..
- When one side cooked turn into a large enough plate to cover frying pan..
- Return the omelette to pan, check the pan for oil as it may need a drop adding. And cook until other side golden..
- Enjoy with green fried peppers and baguette bread. Ideal for picnics as it's as nice cold as freshly cooked..