Chicken pie. Chicken pie is proper comfort food for a family dinner. We have lots of recipes whether you like puff pastry, potato-topped or a light filo-wrapped Chicken pie is proper comfort food for a family dinner. Get the perfect chicken pie whether you opt for crisp puff or buttery shortcrust pastry.
From easy chicken and mushroom pie to spectacular pithiviers. Chicken pie may not win you many followers on Instagram, but it is the ultimate comfort food. One of our most popular and top-rated recipes of all time, this classic chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a hearty mix of. You can cook Chicken pie using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken pie
- Prepare of Ready roll pastry.
- You need of Leftover roast chicken (1/4 to 1/4).
- You need 2 sticks of celery.
- Prepare 2 of medium carrots.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of frozen peas.
- It’s 2/3 pint of White sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of chicken gravy granules.
- Prepare of Small tin of sweetcorn.
- Prepare of Egg to glaze pastry.
- It’s of Small red onion.
This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen peas and carrots and Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts. Swap out chicken for turkey or try a different frozen veggie combo. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and frozen vegetables. "This amazing homemade chicken pie is the perfect sharing dish.
Chicken pie step by step
- Dice the onion celery and carrots and soften them in a saucepan in a little oil.
- Add the shredded chicken meat, peas and sweetcorn. Make sure you dont add skin or bones from the chicken carcass..
- In a separate pan make a white sauce and add a couple of spoons of gravy granules. Pour this into the other pan with the other hot ingredients and give it a good stir..
- Add the mixture to a pie dish. Dont forget to sit a pie whistle in the middle to help the steam escape..
- Top the dish with the ready rolled pastry, either short crust of puff works well. Brush with beaten egg..
- Put into the oven until the pastry goes golden brown..
- When you take it out of the oven give it a minute or two to cool before serving. Goes well with mash..
Beautiful crumbly pastry, tender pieces of chicken and sweet leeks cooked in a creamy cider sauce. Loads of delicious chicken pie recipes for classics like chicken and leek pie, chicken and mushroom pie, as well as tasty ideas like curried chicken puff pastry parcels. This mouthwatering chicken pie recipe is packed with tender chicken pieces, handfuls of veg and a crispy pastry top. This scrumptious chicken pie has been created by cook and author Sophie Conran. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling.