Vietnamese Prawn Pho.
You can have Vietnamese Prawn Pho using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Prawn Pho
- You need 4 of Birds eye chillies chopped.
- You need 3 Cloves of garlic cracked with the side of a knife.
- You need 1 stick of lemon grass, cracked with the side of a knife.
- Prepare 1 inch of piece fresh ginger slightly bruised to release flavour.
- You need 4 of spring onions finely sliced.
- It’s 1 litre of prawn stock, ideally homemade.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Asian fish sauce.
- Prepare Handful of fresh coriander leaves.
- Prepare Handful of fresh mint leaves.
- It’s 200 g of king prawns.
- You need 200 g of rice noodles.
- Prepare 100 g of bean sprouts.
- It’s 1 of Lime cut into wedges for serving.
Vietnamese Prawn Pho instructions
- Pour the stock into a suitable pan and add the lemongrass, garlic, ginger and the chillis and bring to the boil.Turn down the heat, cover the pan and leave to simmer for 30 minutes. This will allow the flavours to infuse..
- Add the prawns to the soup, and add three of the spring onions, the fish sauce and the herbs. Reserve a little of each herb for garnishing..
- Remove the lemongrass, ginger and garlic from the soup. Add the noodles and keep simmering until the noodles are cooked. Now add the bean sprouts..
- Divide between two deep bowls and garnish with a little of the coriander and mint leaves, a few slices of red chilli and the remaining spring onion..
- Serve with a wedge of lime..