Grilled Orange Chicken.
You can have Grilled Orange Chicken using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Orange Chicken
- It’s 1 of whole chicken cut into pieces.
- You need 3 of whole oranges sliced (1/4 inch slices).
- It’s 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbls of garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- It’s 1 of whole habanero chilli (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbls of tamarind paste.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbls of vegetable oil.
Grilled Orange Chicken step by step
- Wash and pat dry the chicken and set aside.
- Make the chicken marinade by mixing all the ingredients except for the orange slices.
- Add the marinade to the chicken and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven (180 degrees Celsius).
- Prepare an oven proof dish by placing the orange slices in the bottom of the dish.
- Add the vegetable oil to the chicken and mix to combine.
- Place the chicken pieces over the orange slices and finally pour the leftover marinade mixture over the chicken.
- Turn the oven to grill and cook the chicken for 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven and flip the chicken pieces. Using a spoon, baste the chicken with the marinade and chicken juice before grilling again for another 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from oven, allow to rest and serve warm with a side of mixed salad or grilled potatoes.