Chicken with hilopites in the oven. Kotopoulo me hilopites is a Greek dish with baked chicken in tomato sauce and then hylopites, egg noodles, are cooked in the sauce. Greek cooking is based on simple but good quality ingredients. The chicken is baked whole, or cut into pieces, in the oven with the skin on, in a tomato sauce.
Kotopoulo me hilopites means chicken baked with a traditional Greek egg pasta which can be found in long form, similar to tagliatelle or short ones. Usually when you say you are eating manestra, though, it means orzo cooked with some sort of meat on the stovetop. It can be made with chicken (and I. You can cook Chicken with hilopites in the oven using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken with hilopites in the oven
- It’s 1 of chicken cut into portions or 4 chicken legs.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- You need of salt, pepper.
- You need of paprika.
- You need of ginger powder.
- You need of curry powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 3 of σκελίδες σκόρδου.
- It’s 1 of large onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 can of diced tomatoes finely chopped or fresh tomato.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 500 g of hilopites.
The promise of crispy, juicy, oven-baked chicken is one that kept me rushing home as a kid. Mostly we felt like we won the dinner lottery when our mom made Shake'N Bake instead of her usual Hamburger Helper or tuna-noodle casserole. My own children pine for chicken nuggets. The secret to juicy Oven Baked Chicken Breast is to add a touch of brown sugar into the seasoning and to cook fast at a high temp.
Chicken with hilopites in the oven instructions
- Clean the chicken, wash it and remove the excess fat..
- Sprinkle it with the spices and place it in a baking tray..
- Spread the onion and garlic in the baking tray..
- Add the tomato, the sugar, a little extra salt and the oil..
- Add some water, just enough to half cover the chicken..
- Place in a preheated oven at 200°C until the chicken is done. Check if you need to add water while baking..
- As soon as it is ready add a little hot water and then the hilopites stirring so that they are evenly distributed throughout the baking tray..
- Place the baking tray at the bottom rack and bake for 8-10 minutes at 200°C using just the bottom heating element..
- Turn off the oven and leave the food in it until you serve..
- Serve after sprinking it with plenty of kefalograviera (Greek traditional hard yellow cheese)..
As simple as it sounds, if you wack a seasoned breast in the oven without thought, the chances are you'll be chewing your way through dry chicken, furiously squirting. Hilopites or hylopites (Greek: χυλοπίτες, [çiˈlopites]) are a traditional Greek pasta made from flour, eggs, milk, and salt. They take the form of small squares or, in some regions, thin strips similar to Italian fettuccine. This Oven Baked Chicken Thighs recipe is a force to be reckoned with! Simple and deliciously baked chicken with a mustard, honey, and soy sauce glaze – this dish is definitely going to be a top-contender in your weekly recipe planning!