Chorizo and vegetable Fritatta. Frittatas have saved me on more hungry weeknights than I care to count. Let me tell you, there is nothing better than diving into a plate of steaming veggie-filled eggs. In my recipe, you'll learn how to make traditional frittatas using the stovetop-to-oven skillet method.
A thick slice of Spanish omelette, packed with chorizo, peas and potatoes, can be enjoyed hot or cold. Keep a few slices handy in the fridge for lunches or a speedy midweek tea. Dad's have their special dishes that they love to share, and this Chorizo & Vegetable Frittata is a recipe that is perfect for Dad's everywhere. You can cook Chorizo and vegetable Fritatta using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chorizo and vegetable Fritatta
- You need 6 of eggs.
- It’s 100 g of chorizo.
- You need 100 g of potatoes.
- You need 3 of spring onions.
- You need 100 g of frozen peas.
- It’s 100 g of Green beans.
- Prepare 50 g of cheddar cheese.
Just like scrambled eggs and avocado toast, these vegetable frittatas and breakfast frittatas will keep you full all morning long and give you a hefty dose of nutrients. Chorizo adds smoky flavor to this vegetable-heavy frittata; use bacon if you prefer. Pour in egg mixture, tilting skillet to evenly distribute. This frittata uses sweet pumpkin flavors to offset the spicy chorizo sausage in this tasty, unusual take on a frittata.
Chorizo and vegetable Fritatta instructions
- Chope the potatoes into fine slices. Melt some butter in a ovenproof frying pan. Add the potatoes and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Finely slice the chorizo and add to the potatoes in the frying pan. Fry for another five minutes or so..
- Chop the beans into small pieces. Steam cook the beans and the frozen peas..
- Finely slice the spring onions. Once the beans and peas are cooked add them and the spring onions to the frying pan with the chorizo and potatoes..
- Fry the mixture for another minute, stiring well. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk until well combined..
- Add the eggs to the vegetables and leave to cook for 8 minutes. Do not stir..
- While waiting grate the cheese and turn on the oven to 200C..
- After 8 minutes the fritatta should be mostly cooked with the sides able to lift away from the pan. Sprinkle the cheese on top and season with salt and pepper..
- Move the frying pan to the oven and leave to cook for a further 8 minutes. Once cooked the top should be golden..
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Cut into quarters to serve..
This frittata has a pleasant scoop of vegetables in every bite. Use the recommended vegetables or mix in whatever you can buy fresh and local. Easy vegetable frittata recipe that's creamy and soft in the middle, packed with vegetables and delicious! I love this simple frittata recipe! It is perfectly cooked, soft inside and has a texture similar to custard.